A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Knicks Introduce Fizdale

So, the Knicks are introducing Coach Fizdale, and it's not remotely as embarassing as their usual intro pressers are.  He has said the right things about KP, the plan, that he wants to install an oportunist defense that creates turnovers and offense.  Not bad. One advantage that he does have is that the Knicks don't currently have any coaching resistant stars like Starbury and Melo were. We'll see who else they add, but right now, they do feature a roster that will listen.  So, if they can add more pieces through the coming drafts and FA periods, we could see a slightly different result.  It would be good to move up in the lottery, as it really is just a 1 or 2 player draft.

8 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger Rich said...

This is going to be a long process if it’s going to work. I keep hearing about all the failures of past coaches, but that obscures the larger point. They haven’t had a lot of high-end young talent for about 25 years. No coach could be successful under those circumstances.

I’m agnostic about this.

As I have said, if you would have told me in the early ‘70s that 1973 would be the last championship I would see I would have rolled my eyes.

At this point, who knows.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Thinking about it some more, he said all the right things, he has some pedigree, and that means to me that he might be able to coach really good talent.

There’s also the chance based upon his past experience that he can develop talent.

So yes I would’ve preferred a more experienced coach with a demonstrated record of success.

Jay Wright would’ve been a ridiculously good hire, but that was never going to happen because this is a distressed asset that only has value for a coach who has something to prove.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

Here's hoping he and Shurmur both pull Belichicks in their second HC gigs.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Rich said...

I also like that he talks about guards, and doesn’t like the 1s and 2s classification.

 
At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Yankyfan said...

NOT A FAN....So wanted Jackson...

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Rich said...

I did at first but the more I read and thought about it the more I realized that there’s probably a reason why he hasn’t been hired since his firing.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

I would have banned the Knicks from the blog again if they hired Jackson.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Hahn said he could not imagine Jackson admitting hid past mistakes the way Fizdale has.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home