A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Friday, December 08, 2017

Yanks Completing Brian Cashman's New Deal

In what is no surprise, the Yanks and their GM Brian Cashman are closing in on a new 5 year deal.  I don't care about the money, but I'm hoping he has consolidated his power through the negotiation.  I haven't enjoyed the reports of gardners and labor attorneys weighing in on baseball decisions.  And I will forever be impressed by the way Cash undid the mistake of 2014, when Cano bolted and they traded 3 rarer first round picks by signing, Beltran, Ellsbury and McCann.  Ellsbury remains a problem, but in trading Beltran and McCann, they more than recouped three first round values.  What's more with the bullpen trades, he added even more value to the system.  He and his team are doing a great job, and it's important to maintain as much continuity as they can during the coming dynasty.

6 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger Rich said...

As I’ve said, I think there are a lot of years when he deserved to be fired, but he has turned it around. I hope he stays away from the pitching-centric mindset that once burdened him. Offense is largely why things are different now.

I didn’t know about this, but it makes what I said earlier even more relevant:

https://twitter.com/joelsherman1/status/939212270999089152

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Rich said...

Angels. When this process started I didn’t realize how few Japanese live I. New York, not even in comparison to Los Angeles. I think that’s a big reason why.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

Severino, the released Brave, signed with the Braves for 2.5M. I don't think we would go that high with just 3.5 to spend, but I also think we might have been keeping our powder dry in case Ohtani changed his mind. Now I think we'll sign some guys.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Rich said...

I can (Headley & Castro) but he might be right.

Murti
Stanton still in play for the Yankees because he would waive his no-trade to play here. But can’t imagine any scenario where Stanton and Ellsbury (also has a no-trade) are on the same roster ($$$). Would still take a lot to make that happen.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Mike in Mississippi said...

If they get Stanton, then with Andujar and Torres in AAA, Headley, Castro and Gardner became expendable.

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

new post on Stanton.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home