A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Biggest Day Since the `94 Finals For the Knicks

God willing, you guys will be awake before I am Thurday morning, so I'm posting this before I go to sleep. Today marks the Knicks biggest chance to do something great since June of `94.   Seriously, by making the right pick and other moves, they can let us know they are finally serious about being good again.  If they screw around and make a mess of things -  see the Isiah era, see Walsh trying to lock up LeBron - we'll know we're in for another long period of crap.

As I've said before, the Knicks should keep the #4 pick and take whichever guard is still there.  I wouldn't mind them trading up a spot of Russell falls to three and they believe he's their man - but I'd also love it if they stay at 4 and take Mudiay.

Btw, I'd probably want to play either one at the 2.  Yes, they can both play the point, but 2 guards have been the brand standard for the Triangle - see Jordan, see Kobe.   And in general, I want every guy on the team to have a point guard feel for the game.  LeBron and other great non-PG's have had that kind of awareness and made plays from their respective positions.  And so did Jordan and Kobe when they played for Phil.    

Then I want the Knicks to bundle their trade exceptions with THjr. and any othe assets they have and get more picks.  And I want them to use those picks on "knows how to play" kids instead of freaks and projects.

I'm not crazy about Porzingis or any of the other long guys who might be able to defend at 4, and I'm against a trade down -- which would be the only way I'd be comforable taking one of the non Towns, non Okafor bigs.

That's where I stand.  Keep the pick and draft whichever guard is there or move up one and get Russell.  They have to get a potentially great player in this draft and the farther they drop the less potential for greatness will exist.

The rumor volume should be deafening as it pays for leagues that allows teams to trade picks to encourage wild trade speculation leading up to their broadcasts.

Let's go, Knicks!

7 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger Lawyer in NJ said...

I am officially shutting up until after the pick is exercised or traded (I hate rumors).

And then boom...

 
At 1:30 AM, Anonymous yankyfan said...

Who do you think they will get?

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Billy Martin said...

I want Porzingis but I'd be fine with Mudiay.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Lawyer in NJ said...

I am going to briefly break my temporary silence because I have now heard the same thing from three disparate media sources:

They will take Porzingis (if there) and trade back.

It makes sense given Jackson's ultra short-sighted mindset.

They probably believed they couldn't wait for Amar'e in 2002 and he became one of the best players in the NBA for several years.

There is a reason that none of us will likely see another championship, and this win-now nonsense is it.

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous MBN said...

I stand by my comment from the other day. I would like them to take "Zinger" and keep him, even if it means grooming him for a year or so.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Lawyer in NJ said...

Oh and just so I am on record, if the predictable top three go as expected, I would take Mudiay.

Out for real until the draft unless a trade is announced.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger TB said...

I agree ... want Russell if the two Bigs are gone...I'd take Mudi too but would not mind Pozingis.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home