A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Rangers Coach Hunt 13: It's Starting to Seem a Little Mess-y

I was originally of the opinion that if the Rangers wanted Mark Messier to be their new coach, they would have announced it right away.   But as things are developing. or not developing, it's starting to look like they are stumbling into having him as their new coach after all.     Dallas Eakins was the guy everyone wanted, and the Rangers had permission to speak to him, but he got hired before they could.   Then they spoke with Alain Vigneault but didn't offer him a deal, and now it looks like Dallas might.  On Vigneault, he's a good coach with a nice style, but apparently he is unforgiving with rookies and the   Rangers are going to have a lot of rookies and young players for the foreseeable future  So perhaps he's not the best fit.

Lindy Ruff only got a phone interview.    So unless the Rangers have an understanding with Tippet or one of the Finals assistants, it's looking like Mess.   And btw, don't think the Nets hiring of the similarly inexperienced Jason Kidd and its position on the back pages of the local sports pages isn't appealing to Ranger ownership.   It is.   So, with some trepidation, I am now expecting Messier to be the new coach.  Wish the math looked different, but Dallas Eakins was the guy to get and we didn't get him.

4 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there would you mind letting me know which web host you're utilizing? I've loaded your blog in
3 completely different browsers and I must say this
blog loads a lot faster then most. Can you recommend a good internet
hosting provider at a reasonable price? Thanks, I appreciate it!


Here is my site ... http://www.unluggage.com ()

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

blogspot.com

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

blogspot.com

 
At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I originally commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and
now each time a comment is added I get four e-mails with the same comment.
Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Thank you!



my web site ScotteVest Canada ::
::

 

Post a Comment

<< Home