A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Yankee Draft `13: Michael O'Neill Signs for Slot

So the Yankees third round pick, Michael O'Neill has signed for slot.   No savings there, though I thought their might be some.  This is essentially a 500K slot, and I really hope they got a 500K player,   Now, I trust Yankee scouting but they seem to be the only ones saying O'Neill has plus speed, other than O'Neill himself.  What he doesn't seem to have is plus power, and that's basically what I would want with a 3rd round collegiate OF.  Obviously, I love the kid's uncle, but I would have liked some savings from this pick.  I take it he'll start in SI, and I hope he's a blur and learns to hammer the ball over the wall.  But I'd rather not give college OF's that kind of money if they don't have calling card power.  We can't run 8 Brett Gardners and a Catcher out there.

2 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Anonymous MBN said...

Also a bit disappointed that there was no savings here. I did read that he was the 80th rated player in the draft according to BA, so maybe there is something here.

I understand that they saved a bit on Murphy, getting him for $20,000. But they will need more savings if they intend to have a shot at some of those prep kids from the latter portion of the draft.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

Or they need to punt next year's first which they may be gearing up to do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home