A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Friday, June 14, 2013

Ranger Coach Hunt `13: Conflicting Data

While some sources have claimed that Alain Vigneault is traveling to New York, others are confirming that Mark Messier has interviewed for the vacant Ranger coaching job, and that the Rangers have received permission to speak to Kings assistant John Stevens about the vacancy.   So it's anybody guess how much the FO has been drinking while holed up in their California Hideout, or what exactly is going on.   We do know that they have interviewed both Vigneault and Mess, and perhaps talked to Lindy Ruff via teleconference.    The Vigneault travel thing is unconfirmed and the Messier revelation and Stevens interest have just been discovered.   HBO should have been filming THIS.  Will the new coach please stand up?

10 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Mckenzie confirmed AV met w Dolan today

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

Interesting. I don't like what I ready about AV and kids, though.

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Michael said...

That is disturbing indeed. I know I motioned earlier I want no part of Messier, I believe it will be a failure then how do you fire him?? I'm hoping for Stevens personably but will accept AV if he is the choice.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

It's interesting that AV met Dolan. Stevens lives in NJ in the offseason, so he could be interviewed soon.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Michael said...

it is interesting, It also scares me lol. Katie Strang also put a story up about it... I wonder f there is something to this. To me it seems like Pat Leonard has an agenda with all his pro Messier stuff.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

I'm currently more worried about AV and young players than I am about Mess and Leetch. I think.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Michael said...

it's a tough debate either way. Not to say it can't work, but I feel where we are it's the wrong time for Mess. our window with Hank is now, and I'd feel more comfortable with someone with experience.. I could be wrong and Mess may be great, just my gut feeling.

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

He'd have to have a really experienced assistant to got with Mess and Leetch. AV will want to bring his own guys. I just don't want another coach who screws with the kids.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Michael said...

No doubt about it. We have plenty on the way... what's your take on Stevens? if it is AV we have to hope he's changed, and hopefully can fix the woeful power play..

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

I like Stevens, he's won at the AHL level as well as at the NHL level.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home