A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Yanks: Tanaka Has Partially Torn Ligament

Three doctors have examined Tanaka at that conference in Seattle.   They have concluded he has a partial ligament tear that calls for rehab and not surgery right now.   Additionally, he will receive some sort of shot.   I can't remember a time when this course has been chosen when they didn't end up having to do the surgery.

2 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger Lawyer in NJ said...

I hope he makes a full recovery, and does whatever is necessary to achieve that, no matter how long it takes, and gets the opinion of his own doctors as well.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Lawyer in NJ said...

Masahiro Tanaka issues statement apologizing for injury (no, really)
By Michael Axisa in Injuries. Tags: Masahiro Tanaka · Comments (7) ·
Yesterday we learned Masahiro Tanaka would be sidelined for at least several weeks due to partially torn ligament in his elbow. He is going to attempt to rehab the injury on the recommendation of three doctors rather than undergo Tommy John surgery. On Friday, Tanaka issued a statement apologizing for the injury:
“As recently announced from the team, I will be going through some treatment and rehab on my injured elbow over the next several weeks. I give everything I have every time I take the ball. With that, I also know that there will always be a risk of injury when playing this game that I love. Right now I feel that the most important thing for me is to keep my head up, remain focused on the task at hand and devote all my energy into healing the injury in order to come back strong.
“I want to apologize to the Yankees organization, my teammates and our fans for not being able to help during this time. I accept this injury as a challenge, but I promise to do everything I can to overcome this setback and return to the mound as soon as possible.”
Shades of Hideki Matsui apologizing for his broken wrist back in 2006.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home