A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Giant Toughness


We've talked about Giant Toughness over the past few years and I'm not sure where exactly it is these days.   Camp's been delightfully uneventful from a practice and player standpoint, but they don't have pads on yet, and I don't really want them proving their toughness against each other, anyway.

But Chris Snee's retirement really got me worried about this.   Beatty's not tough.  I think Pugh probably will turn out to be.  Maybe Richburg, but the other guys I just don't know about yet, and if we go to a more zoney-spready scheme, we may never find out.  Of course if we can execute both the run in the pass from the new O, I'll be thrilled, but I will miss those nasty bastards pictured above and the way they used to blow people up in the running game, then get down field and blow up more guys.

On defense, we've been kind of soft since Strahan retired.   We keep losing our best homegrown DT's like Cofield and Linval, and I just don't know where we are on the defensive line anymore when it comes to character and toughness.

I think the linebackers with Beason and McClain are tougher than they've been in a long time, so that's encouraging.    And I think the Dbacks will be feisty and good.

But I am concerned about the identities of our OL and DL.   Seriously concerned.

2 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Blogger Lawyer in NJ said...

On the daily MSG training report show, O'Hara talked about that, particularly an OL's punch, and he said that it was missing from Beatty's game (he has relied too much on athleticism), but he likes that part of Mosley's approach, specifically calling him tough. He said the same thing about Schwartz, who he really likes, although when asked, he wouldn't go as far as calling him as tough as Seubert because he just doesn't know yet.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

Seubert was tough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home