A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Ultimatum


Get Spiller or Dez or trade down and get more picks. It's pretty much that simple. When the Giants won SB 42 they were a team on the rise, that looked like they had a large championship window. Two years later, that's questionable. With a strong draft they can get back to the top. With a poor draft, we're looking at more diminishing returns. Let's hit a homerun in the first, then find gems on Friday and Saturday. I used to expect this from Jerry Reese, but all the McClain talk as got me spooked. Go Giants!

10 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Rich said...

I thought the NFP was supposed to be a good publication?

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger John in Lakeland Fl. said...

I agree Phil. If McClain was a Patrick Willis type, I would be very excited. The film I've seen shows McClain with some woeful tackling technique. I hope the McClain talk is all a smokescreen. Love to have Spiller or Bryant.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

If we trade up for McClain, I will blast the Giants for that pick at least until he makes a probowl, which he won't.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Rich said...

If you had to choose one scenario: Trade up for Spiller or pick McClain at 15?

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Michael said...

Trade up for Spiller gets my vote, but I agree with Phil too much depth in the draft to give up anything unless we get more picks in return

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

I would trade up for Spiller, but the situation you present is like choosing between paying the kidnappers or losing the kid.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Rich said...

I just wanted to get a sense about how negatively you evaluate McClain.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I wouldnt say he will never make a probowl, with how many people drop out of it I could see Mcclain being a top 15 ILB in the NFL which is all you need to make the pro bowl

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

He's an ILB not and MLB. I could see him making it in a 3-4,he's just a lousy fit for a 4-3.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Schefter tweeted we are interested in moving up...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home