A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Rolando McClain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miJwMCgaxKo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhG6bwopKTc

Alright, so the Giants have a hole at MLB and there have been rumors that Alabama's Rolando McClain may be the guy to fill it. He's got ideal size, and some apparent instincts, but there are a few problems. First, he has Crohn's disease and though he says he can manage it, he couldn't complete his Pro Day workout. Second, he's coming from a 3-4. The Giants keep taking guys from 3-4's like Torbor, Kehl and Sintim and assuming they can turn them into useful 4-3 parts. It hasn't really happened for them so far, so I have no idea why they think it would this time. Finally, though McClain has adequate speed, it seems like Fewell wants backers who can drop faster for his cover 2. That's not McClain. That is Weatherspoon, who we will talk about later.

2 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Bama graduate/fan here. McClain is a beast. If his college career is any indication, the Crohn's disease shouldn't be an issue.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger John in Lakeland Fl. said...

MikeK, I've tried to make McClain my guy. I want a Harry Carson/Patrick Willis in the middle of our defense so bad. But every time I watch tape on the guy, I just don't get excited by his tackling or his ability to shed blocks. I don't see the Wow factor. I really want to. I hope I'm missing his true abilities in the small amount of tape I've seen. I'm less worried about the Crohn's disease than I am with the arm tackling and people getting by him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home