A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Monday, March 29, 2010

CJ Spiller


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFcecMcS6bA

Sorry for the graphic issue. I'm sure it's temporary. So the Giant interest in Spiller has been leaked in a few articles. I actually think if he's not there at 15 we should trade down and get more picks. I'm not a big fan of McClain, and I think Iupati and Pouncy could still be there if we traded down a bit. Spiller is a special player. He's not a horse, but can handle 10-12 touches per game, and all your return needs. He's fast and elusive and can't be caught from behind like our other backs. I believe we will get a speed back in the draft, whether it's Spiller, Best, McCluster or McKnight. I think if Spiller is there, we have to take him. Go Giants.

6 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger Rich said...

If they do trade up for him it's a pretty clear indication that they have serious concerns about the health of Jacobs and Bradshaw.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

He's different than either of them. They can both be everydown backs. CJ should be spotted. I think it would just mean they have a sky-high grade on him.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Rich said...

But they have so many other more pressing needs, particularly at LB.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

I endorse drafting for BPA. Plus, our return games have been crap so fixing those is a big need.

I'm not gonna reach for mike in the first.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Rich said...

I definitely believe in BPA, but my point is about trading up or down in order to marry value with need.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

If Spiller's not there, I'd trade down. Spiller's a top 10 prospect. I'm not taking McClain whose Crohn's disease kept him from finishing his workout.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home