A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Earl Thomas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK_tq6nqCPU

Earl Thomas is a versatile, junior safety prospect out of Texas. He's versatile becaus has the athletic ability to play corner as well as safety. He seems to play the ball very well, and can lay the big hit. He could be right in our window at 15. The question is, if Kenny Phillips really is in the midst of a full recovery, does it make sense to have 3 safeties that are either first rounders or big ticket FA's? I guess it depends on whether or not the Giants think he can play nickel and dime over some of the corners. I'm not generally crazy about DB's from Texas, but this one seems fairly bulletproof.

7 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Blogger John in Lakeland Fl. said...

Earl Thomas is an elite football player. My concern is his size. I have read several comparisons between he and Bob Saunders of the Colts. Saunders is one of the best safeties in football, when he is on the field. The man makes plays. However, Saunders is often injured and I think the injuries often relate to his diminutive body in the bruising NFL. This is my concern with Thomas.

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Rich said...

I guess we won't really know about KP at least until well into to training camp.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Rich said...

I would have rather moved on:

giantspathanlon

44 year old P Jeff Feagles back in NYG fold, signing new contract today...2010 will be his 23rd season

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger John in Lakeland Fl. said...

I agree Rich. I'm not one to call another over the hill but I think Feagles has joined me in this club.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger John in Lakeland Fl. said...

MG is reporting Deon Grant, FA Safety from Seattle, is in for a visit. If we sign him, it may take Earl Thomas away as an 1st round option.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

It might very well.

Earl is more of a CF type than Sanders, who often gets hurt up in the box.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger John in Lakeland Fl. said...

Phil, don't you think that Rolle and Phillips would also qualify as CF types and we lack a solid in the box safety?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home