A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Donnie's Day

Mattingly had his meetings for the Yanks' managerial opening. Joe Girardi apparently did very well yesterday, and remains my favorite by a slight margin. That said, I would also be more than happy with Donnie Baseball. Donnie sounded like he really wanted it in his conference call, and I wonder if having his favorite player really want it is something George could ever say no to. We'll see. Something I really do like about Donnie is that he hasn't got any National League taint on him. He's pure AL and pure Yankee. Go Yanks!

3 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger Michael said...

I agree with you Phil, I have Girardi as my slight favorite for the job. Do you think we hire Mazzone? Or does that depend on who we hire as manager.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

I doubt we hire Mazzone, he has different pitching theories than Nardi is using to develop the young pitchers.

 
At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope it is Girardi with Mattingly as the bench coach. The experience goes a long way,

Dave Eiland should be the pitching coach and I believe he will be.

Bring back Bowa as the 3B coach and retain Pena for 1B coach as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home