A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Friday, October 19, 2007

The Top Three Candidates



Cashmoney Green has spoken. The first three interviews to fill the manager position will be Tony Pena, Joe Girardi and Don Mattingly. Good stuff, I think I'd be excited by any of them getting the job. Pena and Giradi have both been managers of the year in their previous gigs, and Donnie Baseball would be a first timer, but hey, he's Donnie Baseball. Seriously, none of these guys are dumb and I'd venture a guess that all are quite a bit baseball smarter than the man one of them will replace was. We'll see. I favor Girardi because I think, though I'm not sure if he's the smartest of the crew. Whoever gets the job will have to convince Cash that he will take care of the young pitchers, and, hopefully the bullpen. All three candidates are well thought of around baseball, though, I don't know how popular Tony is back in KC since he resigned. We should be fine with either, and I do hope all three are with the oranization in one capacity or another next year.

Cash also said that he would be working on keeping Mo, Po and ARod as they carry on their search. Go Yanks!

8 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Girardi is my favorite of the given choices.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Is there audio of Cash anywhere Phil?

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Levine said they are out of A-Rod if he declares. When would you expect an announcement that we have a deal with him or do you think he will opt out?

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

I don't think he's going anywhere.

 
At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A-Rod is leaving because of Boras. 11/10 is the magic date and we will have Betemit to play 3B on Opening Day 2008!

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

ARod's not leaving.

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course he is and once 11/10 rolls around I will be here to rejoice!

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

what name do I know you by?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home