A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Friday, June 24, 2016

Ranger Draft Stuff

Today could be a BIG DAY in Ranger History, and things could start moving fast at any moment, but most likely during the first round of the draft.   As is stands now, the Rangers don't have any picks until the 3rd round, but I expect them to turn their cap problem into picks today and tomorrow, then take a run at Stamkos or something.  During the Gordie Clark era he's always been a friendly avuncular guy on the Ranger Sites leading up to the Draft.  This year he's been beyond scarce.  So I'm expecting fireworks.

In Blog News, the GCL starts today, and the Yanks West team is LOADED, haven't seen the complete roster yet, or the Yanks East team roster at all but hopefully I'll get my usual posts up about both teams over the next few days.

7 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Jay in Toronto said...

I can't believe how optimistic I was at the beginning of last Ranger season -- everything went south as quickly as Staal and Girardi declined. Like the Yanks, King or no King, I think they should rebuild (not just reboot).

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger TB said...

I am a draftnik, love this time of year when all 4 major sports have their drafts. The Knicks and Rangers have robbed me of my annual pleasure, hope they can recoup some high picks!.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Lawyer in NJ said...

Why the team that drafts and develops as well as the Rangers have (arguably the best in NY) would burn their lifeblood has made them beyond boring to me.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

I've been complaining about since they failed to get their one back from Cleveland when they traded Gaborik. And you know I've been unenthusiastic about every trade since.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

Btw, someone at the Draft says the Rangers now have the Bruins #14 pick. I hope to god we didn't trade them Kreider.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Lawyer in NJ said...

That would SUCK

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger TB said...

Kalel9 - that was from a picture yesterday, the draft board in the background. I think Buffalo was testing the board for trades, they also had the Isles traded up too....ironically two of Buffalo's other NY teams...trolling?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home