A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Monday, June 09, 2014

Knicks: Fisher on the Way?

All the wags are reporting that the Knicks are closing in on a deal with Derek Fisher.   I have a very good feeling about him.    When we didn't get Kerr, I said it might turn out for the best, and I think this will.   Fisher is literally respected by EVERYONE having anything to do with the game of basketball, from players, to coaches, to owners, to the media, to fans, to shoe companies and even to Phil Jackson, who will teach him all his learning about coaching.    I believe the rest of the staff is already in place and just waiting for this to get done.  So let's hope it gets done.  A new day is dawning.

4 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Blogger Lawyer in NJ said...

I definitely like this choice better than Kerr.

Someone at LoHud summed things up perfectly, imo:

Chip June 9th, 2014 at 5:28 pm
The Knicks are actually doing exactly what the Yankees should do (gosh I got sick saying that)

They hired a team president who has no ties to any of the coaches, players or scouts who worked under the past regimes who spent time evaluating what was in place and is now bringing in his own people to help execute his vision.

Cashman/Levine have too many personal relationships and too much invested in the players and personnel to make objective calls about how to move the organization forward.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

I just don't know who that guy is for the Yanks.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Lawyer in NJ said...

I hear you, but there has to be at least one out there.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

I don't think it's Billy Bean. One of the things that really bugged me about listening to the draft was hearing them rave about what Dick Tidrow does with all the pitchers SF drafts. Dick Tidrow is a fucking Yankee and should be working for us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home