A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Friday, May 16, 2014

Giants Stuff

Over the first two days of the last two drafts, the Giants have had a combined 6 picks.  With those picks they have taken 5 linemen and 1 wide receiver.   Of the linemen, two have been DT's, one's been a DE, one's been an OT and one's been a C.   So 5 out of the last 6 premium picks have been spent on the lines.  Funny thing is, they'll probably have to spend two of the first three picks on them again next year, unless JPP flourishes and re-signs and unexpecteds solidify the OL.

I don't know if it's post draft relaxation, but I think the Giants will be good again this coming season. I haven't felt this good about the defense since Spags was around.  Beason really did turn it into a cohesive unit, and they added all sorts of talented, instinctive players to all three levels between the draft, free agency and UDFA.

I also think the O will be back up to speed.  Remember back in `97 when Fox replaced Nolan as DC,  and the guys started flying around?  I think this year's offense will be a little more like that.   The players seem to be saying they have more freedom, and the OL should at least be average, unless they can get two more good performances to go along with their three or four good players.

Specials should be improved, too.  They've added three or four good returners including OBJr. and they have a ton of real football players who can fly around in coverage and field goal D.

Should be fun.   Anyway, I owe you a piece on UDFA now that all of them seem to be in, and I'll try to knock it out over the weekend but after the Ranger game.

2 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

Just making sure I'm signed in.

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm optimistic too. I wish they got a young DC like they did an OC, but until proven otherwise, I will believe it can work. Just stay freakin' healthy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home