A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Friday, July 15, 2011

The Target?

Apparently the Yanks are interested in Rockies ace Ubaldo Jimenez. This happens to be one of those pitchers I have thought would be a Yankee at some point. Still, he can be inconsistent and the Yanks should not blow their top prospect depth on him - so I doubt they can make a trade I would like for him, though I do like the player. I don't want to lose Montero, Betances or Banuelos. We'll see what happens. Something like Nunez, Romine and something else good would probably work for me, but I have no idea what Colorado will take. There will probably be other names associated with the Yanks as the deadline approaches.

UPDATE: Jon Heyman is reporting the Colorado wants Montero, Betances, Banuelos and Nova. Funny stuff. I'd be willing to build something around Nova and Romine and Joseph, but I'm not at all interested in dealing any of the big 3. What's more Ty Wiggington's name seems to have come up again. Doesn't it seem like he's been rumored to the Yanks for like 7 or 8 years? Yeesh. Of course Cash won't go for what the Rockies want.

6 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Blogger Michael said...

I agree with you Phil. I like the player, but it's gonna be about the cost. Colon/Garcia have done more then we could have hoped for, but in order to be a serious player in October we need another big time starter

 
At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would do Montero, Nova and Nunez.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

I woudn't trade Montero at all.

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I felt the same way about Tabata.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

The Yanks found about Tabata's age and he was nowhere near the prospect Montero is.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Does Colorado really think Cash will be dumb enough to give them all that? the big PASS. Cash will find us what we need on his terms!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home