A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Shutout

This is just the best CC Sabathia has looked since 2008. Wow. His 113th pitch of the game was 98. Jeepers. And I seriously doubt that this has anything with his opt out option. I really do think he is finally fully recovered from 2008. 9 more K's over 9ip. His ERA is now 2.72. Lately, he's been as dominant as Gator was back in `78. Just unreal. Couldn't be happening for a better guy. Go CC! Enjoy the break guys!

UPDATE: David Robertson was finally named to the all-star team. Good for him, though I'd prefer he not pitch.

4 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger MikeK said...

Wasn't keeping up with the game, because I didn't know it started so early, but that's just ridiculous. I fully expect him to opt out, but the Yankees are going to re-sign him anyway, and I suspect they'll make it worth CC's while if he's truly recovered from 2008.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

I don't think he will opt out. I think he's very invested in the team.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger MikeK said...

Sometimes doing what's best for you is doing what's not best for the team -- and that's OK. CC needs to do what's best for him and his family, which is opt out.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

His family is in no jeopardy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home