A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sori Redux?

More trade rumblings. Apparently the Yanks are considering bringing back Alfonso Soriano to play left and DH? I would suspect it would mainly be to DH as Gardy is going to win a Gold Glove in left and is heating up with the bat himself. I'm not in favor of doing this. I love Sori, but he has always been a flawed player who would not take his walks and frequently swung at pitches he couldn't reach away. He's also a poor fielder. If they want a righty DH who can also play in the field, they should call up Montero. It would be much wiser than trading Montero and having to watch him be Miggy 2 for some other team for several years.

Sori also has one of the worst deals in baseball, and so the Yanks should yield nothing of value if they are willing to take part of that off the hands of the Cubs.

So far, I'm not in favor of the any of the rumored acquisitions.

6 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would be ideal if we can get Garza as part of the package.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Michael said...

this one puzzles me a bit, though I expect as the 31st approaches we will hear and read more stories like these

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Phil have you figured out why the Yanks are so willing to deal Montero, and will not even call him up?

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

I have no idea. It's a Cash thing. Not everyone is for it. I think it's because Cash thinks Sanchez is the same kind of talent with the bat, but a better catcher.

Going forward, though, we need both of those bats.

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger MikeK said...

Yankees, please stay far away from Soriano.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Michael said...

I agree Phil we can never have enough bats. I would really hate to see Montero flourish on another team.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home