A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Yanks Get Swept at Home

This is pretty simple. The Yanks are listless and looking old and sloppy. Bring up some youth. The Yanks should call up Montero tomorrow. He's their best hitting prospect since Mantle, and helping him along with engage the veterans, just as bringing Cano and Wang up did in 2005. They need a shot of youth, and Montero's the guy. It's absolutely silly to have him hitting .336 in AAA in his second year there. He was even hotter before a groin injury and is heating up again. Make the call! Go Yanks!

4 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Blogger MikeK said...

I think I'll be taking a break from this team until NBA playoffs are over. This team is too frustrating to watch.

Be sure to tweet if Montero does get called up, Phil. It might re-capture my interest in this sorry collection of overpaid underperformers.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

Mike, don't let the Yanks or any of our teams get you down. They always hit bottom around now and take off. Fear not, they will again.

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger MikeK said...

I'm a Chicago Bulls fan, so I've decided to focus on a team that's actually playing well for the time being. :)

I do think they're better than this, but I'm worried that A-Rod's problems are deeper than just mechanics. And I don't think this organization will do the right thing and call up the kids.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger MikeK said...

Eh, as much as I wanted to stay away, I had to check out yesterday's box. A-Rod has to be hurt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home