A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Predictions


Okay, at 12:01 am est (that's 9:01 pm blog time) tonight, free agency opens. Here are my predicitions for the Yanks. First, I think Aroldis Chapman will be their major outside free agent. I think he will start in the minors and could be an impact reliever down the stretch next season. And then I think they will trade for another pitcher, most likely Halladay as he makes the most sense, though it could be someone else who is under the radar right now if we can't make a deal with the Rays and Halladay. Then I think the Yanks will grab 2 bats, most likely Damon and Matsui, but possibly Granderson or someone else in the trade market. I do think; however, that Cash will be really patient with both his own free agents and the trade market and will end up getting things at his prices. I could see the plans changing if prices go down on good players, which they always do as FA wears on. I think Cash will keep his powder dry for as long as he can, but will end up with two new pitchers and two bats. Damon and Matsui contributed 52 bombs last year, and they will try to replace most or all of them even if it is with Damon and Matsui.
The Yanks will probably make some small moves or trades to solidify the bench while we wait for the big stuff. And I'd think Chapman would get done first. Go Yanks!

3 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger Michael said...

I like your predictions Phil, and hope Halladay and Chapman are Yankees come spring training.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

I only want Halladay if Montero, Hughes and Joba are still here come ST.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Michael said...

I fully agree, why should we give up our top prospects when other teams won't. I do think that his work ethic would be great for Phil and Joba to see first hand, and he could also get AJ to being AJ more consistently. I think that Cash will take that into account and swoop in when he feels the time is right

 

Post a Comment

<< Home