A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Halladay?

Jon Heyman is now reporting that the Yanks will inquire after Blue Jays ace Roy Halladay and that the Jays new GM says he is willing to trade him in the division. I'll believe that when I see it. This may be another example of a team using the Yanks for leverage. Until we see otherwise, let's take that to be true. Go Yanks!

8 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger John in Lakeland Fl. said...

Doc Halladay is a warrior. Love to see him in pinstripes. I won't hold my breath. However, what a starting staff that would make. One can always dream during Hotstove season.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Michael said...

make it happen Cash!

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger John in Lakeland Fl. said...

I would love it as long as it did not decimate our farm too much. It will take a good offer to land him. I'd hate to have him on the Sox, Phils, or Angels. What a staff we would have for a few years. Plus, Doc is good for Burnett.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

Exactly, the key is to hold the line on the top prospects.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Look at what the Mets gave up for Johan. Precedent has been established you don't need to give up front line prospects, if they really want to unload the salary they will listen to what Cash has to say

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

I know teams don't give up A prospects anymore, but it's something that has to be continually reproven.

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I doubt seriously that he's traded within the division. I think they're using the Yankees to start a bidding war of prospects. My guess is Phillies or one of the LA teams.

--28IsNext

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

Yeah, I think we're being used. At the same time, I do sort of have a feeling about him pitching for the Yanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home