A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cold Stove

On account of Comrade Bud's "Baseball Classic" which pushed the real baseball classic into November, baseball's hot stove season is not where it was one year ago, when there was a lot more gossip and the Yanks were all over CC Sabathia by this point. With the Giants, Knicks, Rangers, Irish, Trojans and Ephs all having cruel months, this SUCKS! Someone make a trade! I believe teams are allowed to start talking to FA's Friday Night at midnight. They've been able to talk to agents this whole time, but couldn't talk money (sure). Anyway, the Yanks can afford to be patient, and I guess we should be, too. Go Yanks!

6 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger John in Lakeland Fl. said...

I hate being patient as long as the Red Sox are lurking in the shadows. I wish I knew what Cash is thinking. I would love Roy Halladay and a solid outfielder, re-sign as many of Matsui, Damon, and Pettitte as possible, and let's go back to the World Series. Cash, make a deal without giving away the farm. Go Yanks.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Halladay would be a very generous X-mas present to us Yankee fans, and I hope Cash will put him under our tree :)

 
At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I really hope the Yankees find a legitimate set-up man for Rivera.

-28IsNext

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

They have it if Marte stays healthy. They also have a ton of arms coming up on the farm. Roberston's already good, and Melancon who's got slightly better stuff will come around. He never had a control problem before his MLB debut.

 
At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robertson went to high school with me. I also watched him close at Alabama for two years. Believe me, I KNOW he's good. Problem is, Girardi doesn't trust him.

I'd like one more proven commodity to help Marte and Robertson. Melancon definitely has potential.

--28IsNext

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

They'd be crazy to spend money on an outside reliever now. I think DR will get a big shot this coming year. Girardi seems to have come around on him, and he respects things like KRate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home