A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Two Change of Pace Backs I Have Reservations About

Darius Walker RB Notre Dame
Garrett Wolfe RB Norther Illinois
Two change of pace backs I have sort of mixed feelings on are Darius Walker and Garrett Wolfe. I was more down on them before the Giants made the Ruben Droughns deal (before that I was looking for someone who could split some carries with Jake, but we got him). Anyway, both Walker and Wolfe have since worked out a little bit better than I thought they would and I am reconsidering both as change of pace back is on my get list this coming weekend.

Darius Walker has great hand and run vision. He's also very shifty with the ball. My concern with him is that he made big plays for first down, but he rarely if ever made the kind of big play where he scored from way out. I kind of want the Giant 3rd down back to be able to score from anywhere. Having said all that, he's a very good player and since Droughns is in the fold, I would gladly accept him as a Giant in the middle rounds.

Garrett Wolfe is tiny. But he is a great and explosive player. But he's tiny. Like Meggett. I worry about his size and the fact that he never did much while I was watching, but the #'s are so outstanding, it's clear I missed a lot. This is another player I would gladly accept on day 2 as the Giants change of pace back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home