A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Monday, April 23, 2007

5 Third Round Favorites

Justin Durant LB Hampton
Quincy Black LB New Mexico
Tim Shaw LB Penn State
Paul Soliai DT Utah
Lorenzo Booker RB Florida State
The way it's looking to me right now, the third round is gonna be the place to get a very good linebacker. I think Justin Durant is probably the second best LB in the draft after Patrick Willis of Ole Miss. And I think it's close. Now I'd consider taking him in the second, but I got him in the 3rd in a mock draft I did with a bunch of guys who are smarter than your average football exec, so I'm hoping for him in the third.

Quincy Black is another LB I like. He was a great player in a hybrid role at New Mexico, but would be a Wil for the Giants. He's explosive like Willis, Durant and a choice I'm going to list tomorrow for the 4th round.

Tim Shaw is an outstanding football player who also projects to LB in the NFL. He's got great measurables and is a total team guy who'd be a very good value in the third, I just worry that he spent so much time at other positions at PSU it could take a season or two to get up to speed at LB in the NFL. By the same token, Bill Belichick has won 63 Superbowls drafting versatile guys like Tim Shaw.

Paul Soliai is a huge run stuffing DT that could be a core piece of our D and let Osi, Kiwi and Tuck do their thing for years to come. I haven't listed any DT's earlier because we picked up Mike Bell last week and now I'm not sure the Giants will draft another DT, but there are several I like. Soliai's the only one I'll list for a few rounds.

Lorenzo Booker is a change of pace back possibility we could draft if we don't go for the gold with Leonard in the second round. Booker has a chance to be a great player in the NFL, but he wasn't one in college. There are some second day choices I am just as high on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home