A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Sunday, April 22, 2007

5 Round 2 Favorites

Brian Leonard RB/FB/TE/WR Rutgers
Eric Wright CB UNLV

Marcu McCauley CB Fresno State

Eric Weddle S Utah

Jason Hill WR Washington State
Brian Leonard is likely to be the BPA when the Giants pick in the second. It's possible that the DB's I have listed after him could go before him, but if he's there I really hope the Giants take him. He's an explosive athlete who could work in a split backfield with Brandon Jacobs and create nightmares for defensese around the league. His hands are as good as anyone's in the draft and he's fast enough to be split out at WR. He's also a willing blocker. Total team guy and a guy the Giants could really use.

I think Eric Wright is the best CB in the Draft but he's likely to fall on some off field concerns. Still I think he'll probably be gone before the Giants pick in the second. That's sort of okay, cause I think the Giants really got a steal with EJ Underwood last year.

Marcus McCauley had a weird senior year and ended up getting benched at one point. But he is still capable of being a lockdown corner in the NFL. He's everything you're looking for. Of course, he could also be gone, but I'd still be happy taking Leonard cause the Giants have Underwood.

Eric Weddle is a playmaking safety who reminds me a little bit of Sehorn. Not because he's white, but because he can actually cover the other team's best receiver, too and has really good ball skills. Like Sehorn, I think he'll keep improving as an athlete. If he's there, it'll be a tough choice, but I'd still take Leonard.

Jason Hill is another tough, good sized receiver who can become Eli's top target and catch 80-100 balls a year (that's the standard I'm looking for, Moss can specialize). He's got good speed and good hands and is courageous over the middle. He's also a threat to score from anywhere on the field - which is nice.

So those are 5 for the second round, though there are a few more CB's, WR's and S's I'd find acceptable. NB: I don't think the Giants need to draft a Left Tackle. Diehl is sound there, and they were all excited when they drafted Guy Whimper last year, I think that's plenty of tackle. If they decide it's not, Tony Ugoh in the second or third would make the most sense.




5 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

for me the perfect two picks are jarrett/nelson and Lenaord

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

I want Jarrett/Leonard, then Durant of Black in the third, then have a blast on day 2.

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

u think leonard will even last till 51

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

maybe!

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger FatMan in Charlotte said...

I'd love to see a Jarrett/Weddle combo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home