A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Saturday, April 21, 2007

The 5 Guys I'd Approve of at Pick #20 for the Giants

Dwayne Jarret WR USC
Dwayne Bowe WR LSU

Robert Meachem WR Tennessee


Reggie Nelson S Florida



Brandond Meriweather S Miami

The keyword here is Playmakers. Unless someone like Calvin Johnson or Patrick Willis falls to 20, I want one of these guys. I think Dwayne Jarrett is the second best WR in the draft and a future pro bowler. During his college career I never thought we'd have a shot at him, but now I think we will and hope we take it. Groin and hammy injuries have worked to slow his 40 times leading up to the draft, but I hope it doesn't slow the Giants on the way up there with their card. He is a great team guy who has amazing hands and redzone ability. He's a better version of Plax by virtue of his leaping ability and cool demeanor. He'd be a great help to Eli, who is used to throwing to a similar target in Plax.

Dwayne Bowe is another receiver I like. He's a physical tough guy who'd also help in the running game. Like Jarrett, he's a not a burner but he does get deep. He's had some issues with drops, and I worry about his weight, but he'd be my second choice behind Jarrett right now.

Robert Meachem has only had the one big year, but he has great tools and good hands. He's not as big, but more of a burner than the other two. There are some concerns about his ability to read coverages, which is crucial in the Giants O, and if the idea is to give Eli a great help out there.

I have Reggie Nelson and Brandon Meriweather about even, and really like both players. Meriweather can also play corner and has the AA to do it at a high level. Both of these safeties make plays and give and emotional lift to the D's they are a part of. In the early going, I was hoping the Meriweather might fall to the second because of the fight on the field against Florida International. Either guy would do the same job for us a really lift the D.

Tomorrow I will give you my list of second round players I think could be there for the Giants.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home