A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Bad Day at the Office

Jerry Reese completed a completely unimpressive first day of the draft by selecting an undersized DT from PSU named Jay Alford. Alford had 8 QB sacks this past season and I guess that was the grabber cause he had a cruddy combine. Apparently new DC Steve Spagnulo has had a huge hand in the proceeedings today, and it really makes me wonder if Reese is a boss or a follower. Every pick they made seemed, on the face of things, to be a reach. Ross gave up tons of completions in college. Steve Smith's upside is an average NFL #2 or #3 and Jay Alford isn't even a very good athlete. When Jerry has made picks in the past they have at least met certain athletic minimuns. Not so with Alford who might have been a second day pick or a post draft signing if Reese at the behest of Spags hadn't flagged him down in the third, when there were still MANY better players on the board. I've been a Reese fan for years, but I find that I am not much of one today.

6 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lame

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

I thought we had a better day one in 2005 when we had no first pick.

 
At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ill tell you one thing if Cleveland offered us what they offered Dallas and we turned it down, i dont know how i could trust Jerry Reese for turning it down

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

I don't think Cleveland called us. We would have had to call them with another offer from a team that needed a QB.

 
At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who are you hoping we get tomorrow

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

I have a ton of players I like. I want to get a TE, S, RB, LB and OL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home