A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Giants Draft Tomorrow

Interestingly, since they changed the NFL Draft structure from the classic weekend structure to this Thursday, Friday, Saturday format, I've become less interested in it, and more interested in the MLB and NHL drafts, and frankly also the NBA draft when the Knicks have picks, like they do this year.

Having explained that, my love for the Giants never dims, but I hate having the #23 pick in this particular draft, where I see the talent level being pretty even from pick 15 to the end of round two or middle of round three.

So it's my hope the Giants move the pick: either combining it with their second rounder to go get Christian McCaffrey, who I think is one of the few blue chip players in this draft.  Or using the #23 pick to trade down and collect more picks.  All the presumptive first round OL's are either old but still need development or adequately aged but needing more development.  I'd be more comfortable spending other than first round picks on this group of OL's, and would rather take a Moton, Dawkins or Davenport with an extra pick from a tradedown, rather than take an old man like Bolles at 23.

So, my first choice is to go get McCaffrey, sign Blount and score at will. And my back up choice is to trade down and hit need areas. But there is no way I am picking 23rd, and I hope the Giants are looking at it the same way.

3 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Anonymous yankyfan said...

Boles will be 26 ,Pass , Christian will be long gone and I think Davis will also be taken. If that is the case I hope they deal down..

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Reese has rarely been strategic.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Rich said...

Since we know the Giants leak like a sieve I guess it's Bolles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home