A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Yankees: Pitchers and Catchers Report

Figure I've posted Tanaka enough, and CC and Pineda are both skinnier than the pictures of them I posses, so here's McCann.   A lot of Yankee fans are psyched about this guy.  While I hope he does well, and becomes the patient hitter he was early in his career, I still would have used JR Murphy and one of Cervelli or Romine to build the bridge to Gary Sanchez.   But that's me.  The big story will be Tanaka, and probably CC and Pineda.  Though if Phelps or Warren or Nuno set the world on fire, they could be.  I'll be interested to see if Betances can grab a spot in the bullpen or if any of the other young arms can.  And of course the competition between Cervelli, Murphy and Romine to back up McCann should be interesting. I hope Murphy wins. I'm tired of the other two. I believe Sanchez is also invited to big league camp, maybe he can flash.

The rest of camp opens next Wednesday, but a lot of the players are already there, so the new cycle should really get going. It was 10 years ago today that ARod to the Yanks broke...

1 Comments:

At 5:43 AM, Blogger TB said...

I think Murphy could use more playing time in AAA for one more year, maybe half.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home