A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Steve Smith Signs?

The news is just breaking that Steve Smith has re-signed with the Giants. I'm unaware of the terms but wouldn't be surprised if it was a 1 year deal that lets Smith re-establish his health and value while not compelling him to rush back and risk re-injury. He could start the season on the PUP list. This leaves even less room for Plaxico.

UPDATE I heard this early this morning, and I have not had it confirmed anywhere else, so assume it is not true.

FURTHER UPDATE: Now it's being reported that the Giants couldn't make a new deal with Rocky Bernard and he will be released.

EVEN FURTHER UPDATE: Eli shot this down when he said that he hoped Steve would come back and that he hoped he would be able to play soon. Sorry if I misled anyone. Sometimes I get stuff that isn't ripe. Sorry again.

2 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Steve said...

I haven't seen this reported elsewhere yet, is it a done deal?

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

Apparently not. I'm gonna take it down unless I hear more soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home