A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sheets Next?

Now there's a lot of buzz that Ben Sheets will be the next new Yankee. I can only believe this is Sheets has thrown for the Yanks, and I don't know that he has. And any deal with a guy who missed all of last season, would have to be heavily incentivized. And getting Sheets to further block the development of Joba and Hughes, still would not fix the problem we now have in Left.

6 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, Blogger Rich said...

If it isn't Holliday, I hope the next signing will be Chapman.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

I think that's unrelated and on its own clock.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Rich said...

I hear ya. I just want him.

Ken Davidoff had this note on his blog:

-asked how strict the 2010 budget is - it's believed to be about $190-$195 million - he said, "I think Brian (Cashman) understands that, if it’s a matter of really getting one player we need, I’m not going to slam the door in his face. Let’s put it that way. But I am a budget person, and he did get a number, and we’ve already spent 17, 18 million (on Granderson and Andy Pettitte). I don’t believe we’re done yet. As I said, my door’s always open, and I’ll always listen to what he has to say."

 
At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheets/Holliday and call it a offseason.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

I have no idea where that 190-195 number is coming from.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Interestingly, Davidoff didn't have Kay's note about a competition between Joba and Phil. He just said that Cash said that Hughes will have a cap and Joba won't.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home