A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Thanks, Miggy

Miguel Cairo was DFA'd to make room on the 40 and 25 for Joba Chamberlain. I appreciate his efforts, the teammate he was, and the opposite field triples he hit in his first tour with the Yanks. I hope he lands on his feet, and wish him well.

In other news, the Yanks sent down Brian Bruney to make room for Jason Giambi. This makes no sense to me, as Bruney is superior to Brower and seems to stand a better chance of getting outs than Karstens does these days. I hope Bruney gets straightened out quickly and that he's back for the stretch drive. Go Yanks!

5 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Got your wish Phil. Cairo is gone. Edwar/Britton up for Brower/Karstens would be my guess of next moves.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

Bruney better be back soon.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Michael said...

I guess they feel he needs Nardi to fix him up. Too many walks. I was surprised by this move myself. The one thing I do like is that Joba and Hughes get to talk with Clemens, and that can only be a good thing.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

Yeah, getting to talk to Clemens, Mo, Moose and Pettitte can only finish their education.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Exactly, so they can graduate Magna Cum Lade.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home