A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Friday, June 23, 2017

Rangers Take F Filip Chytil at 21

The Rangers dipped into Czech Extraliga to pluck Filip Chytil at 21. I guess the Euro Scouts have out shouted the North American Crew at the meetings this year.  Like Lias, Filip played against grownups.  Unlike Lias, he's only 17 and one of the youngest kids in the draft.  They're listing him as a C, and he's 6'2" 179 right now, but he's still just 17. This kid is apparently super fast but with better hands than say Carl Hagelin, so it could really lead to some easy goals.  I generally think it's a great sign when a younger player plays against grown men.  He's supposed to be a 2 way guy, so he fits the template. Oh and he has excelled in international play against his age group.  Very interesting pick.

Btw, I expect the pundits will say the Rangers didn't max out their opportunities, but I would not bet against the Ranger scouting staff.  Not at all.

2 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Carp said it best. It's pure idiocy to think these keyboard heroes know the picks better than Gordi and staff do. There is no possible way. Thst said I do like all the reports I've seen. Button and McKenzie are fans of both picks, that's good enough for me.

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger TB said...

I agree, trust the scouts. These scouts have found us gems without high draft picks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home