A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Friday, September 04, 2015

Rangers Name Chris Drury Head of Player Development

Jeff Gorton really is rebuilding the Ranger front office. Today he named former Ranger Captain Chris Dury his new Head of Player Development.  I think that had foremerly been one of Jim Schoenfeld's titles, though, he has about 8 more, so he'll probably appreciate the help.

Chris Drury, the one time Little League WS Champ from Trumbull Connecticut, went on the play Hockey at BU and have fine career in the NHL and repping Team USA.   Being such a USA product and player, I wonder what insight he'll have into the kids from Juniors and the kids fore overseas.   Will he  have one plan for everyone or will he set it up per age level?

It should be interesting.  Off the top of my head, I might have preferred a former college coach for the  job, but we'll see if it works.  

Gorton is undertaking quite an overhaul for a Front Office that's gained a lot of respect over the past several years.

2 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Anonymous MBN said...

I wonder what Drury's background is that he qualifies for this job. Being a former Captain is nice, but I hope there is more than just that.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

I do, too. But he also did win a Cup, medal for team USA, win a Nat Championship at BU, and win the Little League World Series.

So he's about as decorated as a player can be without having coached or scouted. And you know he'll learn a lot from Gordie and the gang in those scouting meetings. I think he was regarded as a bright guy, and I think the Rangers to tilt toward the bright when filling these posts.

I remember when Gorton was brought in and Gordie said, "He had a good mind on him."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home