A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Monday, February 23, 2015

Giants Draft pt.5: The #9 Pick

The draft has pretty much wrapped up, and the Giant window at 9 is no more encouraging now than it was when I wrote about trading down a few weeks ago.  I think there are only 3 or 4 guys who might be both there when we pick, and worthy of the #9 pick.  They are OT Brendon Scherff, WR Amari Cooper, DT Danny Shelton - and whichever pass rusher, other than Gregory, who distinguishes himself after some strong showings at the combine.   Don't want the second best WR there or a linebacker who doesn't fit what Spags would want from his linebackers.

So we're looking at the top OL, the top WR, the top DT or Pass rusher, or a trade down. I don't think the DB value is there at 9 at all.  

5 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger Lawyer in NJ said...

I am really hoping that the Giants can become super smart again, because the Yankees are going to be hopeless for the foreseeable future (unless mediocrity is your thing), and who knows what the Knicks will be?

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

agreed. I think the Giants will be good again this coming season.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Billy Martin said...

I don't know where he's going to land but I would love if the Gmen picked up Karlos Williams @ RB.

I agree that Scherff / Cooper should be main targets @ 9, however, I don't think Cooper makes it there.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

Williams would be later.

I dont think Cooper will make it eithr, but some stupid team might rank White above him.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Lawyer in NJ said...

Take a look at the jump in this gif:

http://www.businessinsider.com/byron-jones-nfl-combine-results-2015-2

 

Post a Comment

<< Home