A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Arrow Season 2

It's been awhile since I wrote about pop culture here.  Originally. I would write about TV, movies and music as well as the Yanks, Giants, Knicks and Rangers.  So I thought I might do it a bit again, if I ever have anything to say about a show, a movie or some music.   I realized I had things to say about Arrow and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, so I figured I'd do it here.

Arrow's been a pretty good show so far, but about as different from the Smallville version of Green Arrow as can be.   Last night's episode made that abundantly clear.  Smallville was Superman's world, so superpowers were established and accepted.   In this new version of Arrow, we are clearly in Christopher Nolan's world and I am a little disappointed.  This became undeniably clear last night when Black Canary used a sound box rather than a mutation to create her high pitched wail, and later when it was learned she had come from Ra's Al Ghul's Legion of Shadows.

So clearly they are shooting for Nolan's non super powered fraction of the DC Universe rather than the fully super powered larger universe.   That's a drag.    Though I still like the show and "like" Nolan's Dark Knight stuff, I thought they could use this show speed up their Justice League project.   But, nope.   I'll keep watching, but it's a procedural with a guy in a suit and not a superhero show.  Btw, get a mask, it's impossible not to recognize Oliver Queen in the hood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home