A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Friday, June 28, 2013

The Rangers Take a Big Risk

Almost unbelievably,  the Rangers have just announced that they will not use their second compliance buyout this summer.   Thus, they are stuck with Brad Richards and his ridiculous contract for at least one more year, and possibly longer.    It will literally be too risky to play him next year and they have jammed up their cap room this year.   This is just bad business, and it makes them look stupid.

In the meantime, with the cap going down as it is, the Rangers will have to move a player or two who still may have some value, unlike Richards, whose legs and reflexes looked shot,  if they need to make cap room.

And of course if Richards ends the season because of injury, they can't buy him out, and if he retires they will be subject to the idiotic salary recapture rules. Only three things can happen here, and two of them are bad.

And for those who think this is  a good move "cause there's no better option out there": really?   There's no better option than paying an over the hill player 6.67M this season to be at best the third best center on the Rangers?  Really?  I would think their are about 60 better option.  

This is the worst decision they've made in years.  

9 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Unless they are trading him mind-numbingly dumb!!!

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

I have no idea what's going on but still have a feeling we're trading into the first.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Michael said...

I was just gonna ask you about any potential deals? There HAS to be something more to this idiocy

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

I just feel it, I haven't heard anything.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Michael said...

I had heard that there would be a makeover on the bottom 6 Forwards but now, I don't know what to think???

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

Neither do I. But I feel like we're up to things...

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Michael said...

I certainly hope we are.. Bringing back the same roster from last year clearly won't get it done...,

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous MBN said...

"..Only three things can happen here, and two of them are bad..."

I would like to know the one thing that you think is good, as I do not believe Brad will find the fountain of youth and become a 25 goal, 70 point guy overnight.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

We better hope so. But I think it's too risky to play him and I'm still hoping they change their mind and cut ties by the 4th.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home