A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Okay, since the pick, I've spent some time looking at all the tape I could find of Tim Hardaway Jr.   And I noticed a few things that are encouraging.   First, my emotional response earlier was based on having seen him sort of disappear in some games, including this year's NCAA Championship game.   Second, I noticed that he really seems to have good hands.  That's huge catch and shoot guys.  He doesn't double clutch it or bobble it.   He catches it and shoots or dribbles, but all in pretty economical moves.   Next, I think he's even more of a scorer than shooter and he has some nice moves to get to the hoop and finish.   That's good because it means that though he can hit the threes, he's not Novak.   Finally, I noticed that he's used to prospect season to build his body and his stock.   So he might have  given himself some helium, but it was based on getting in better shape and impressing in games and workouts.  That's about putting work in and he was willing to do it.   I'm interested to see what he and Shump can do in the Summer League.

Overall, I think I'm understanding the pick a bit better, and am seeing both a more complete picture of what he can do, and his willingness to work.   He's also a bouncy athlete, and I like to see that in NBA and NFL prospects.     Anyway, I sign off tonight more intrigued than concerned.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home