A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Yanks in on Edeinis Hechavarria?

I hope you don't mind me using Kelvin DeLeon as the default picture on all IFA threads where I don't have a good picture 0f the prospect in question. In any event there are rumors all over the place that the Yanks are the front runner for Cuban SS Edeinis Hechavarria. I've gotten no confirmation on this yet, but word is he's staying at the Yankee Academy down in the DR. As everyone knows the Yanks do not have an obvious replacement for Jeter anywhere in the system, so they need to be on the lookout for shortstops in IFA and the draft. That said, there are mixed scouting reports in Hechavarria and an assortment of ages, too. I think he's 21 but I don't think we'll know till he signs somewhere because he apparently has gone through and investigation of his age. I'll see what I can find out about this one.

Meanwhile, DePaula the RHP has been shutdown for a few weeks and still hasn't passed his second investigaion. If he does, the Yanks are still planning on signing him. Go Yanks!

8 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Color me skeptical that they're going to spend what it will likely take to sign this guy.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

They have him staying at the Academy. We'll see.

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Given that the Red Sox signed that Iglesias prospect for like $8 million, I doubt this guy will settle for much less.

Unless his bat is as much a sure thing as Montero's is to translate to the majors, I'm not sure I could justify spending that kind of money on this guy.

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

We were gonna give Felix Perez 3.7M last year before he got suspended. That's more than we've ever given any kid from the DR. Plus, we ended up being below budget on IFA's last year cause of the suspensions of a few of them, so the money is probably there if they want him. I'm trying to find out.

 
At 4:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have read mixed reports about his hitting. Is this the same kid that could be a CF'er like Upton?

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Phil are we close on a T-Mac deal with getting rid of Jefferies??

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Wojo at Yahoo is reporting talks are serious...

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

I have no idea. Unless it gets rid of Jeffries, I have no interest in it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home