A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Peca Next?

With the versatile Cullen dumped back to the Panthers for cap relief, the rumor today is that Michael Peca could be headed to the Rangers on the cheap to Center the third line. Last time I really saw him he was looking good for the Oilers down the stretch in their `06 playoff run. Last year, he broke his leg or something and missed most of the year. In the past he was an excellent defensive C, so if we get him on the cheap, I guess this wouldn't be a terrible move. On a one year deal he's not gonna block Anisimov or anyone, and he plays D well enough to move to the 4th line if needs be. Not a thrilling move, but probably does not hurt our Cup chances if it happens.

14 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger Michael said...

I'm still hearing Jovo is on our radar...

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

Been hearing that for over a month but there's been no movement.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Michael said...

If we can give them Malik and little else I am all for it. I rather keep Mara.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

of course.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Michael said...

Someone over on D/C is saying that they are hearing Tyutin is part of a potential three way trade???

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

I saw that, it had better be for an amazing player.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Michael said...

I agree with you, it better had be someone special that we have not been hearing about..

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

whats D/C?

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

Rangers dump&chase. It's linked on my blog.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Michael said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

Yup, that's what I heard, too.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Michael said...

I pressed delete too by accident whoops!

He did not say money but he said 1 year

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

yeah, I heard it was 1 year.

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Not a terrible move for one year. He is good defensively and gives Callahan a veteran whom he can work with. It does not block kids which I like, as if Cullen were here that would be the case.

I still think we are going to hear about a move for the D.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home