A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Saturday, April 27, 2019

GIants Take LB Ryan Connelley

With the first of their 5th rounders the Giants have selected ILB Ryan Connelley out of Wisconsin.  Memories of the Pete Monty pick and when "Best MLB in the Big 10" was a Giant Default Setting.  I think he'll play more.  Because he ain't no Pete Monty. And he should also help on specials.  Only one offensive player taken so far.

By the way, this guy is a lot more instinctive and explosive than I expected.

6 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Blogger Rich said...

I hate this draft, but whatever.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

This guy played through torn pecs.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Rich said...

I’m talking about position. I would have cluster drafted high ceiling offensive linemen.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

We only need one and maybe 2.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Rich said...

This attitude is behind everything:

"As the GM, I walk a tight line," Gettleman said. 'I have to look at the short term and I have to look at the long term, and that’s the tightrope that I walk. I have to take all that into consideration in making decisions, whether it’s the draft, whether it’s unrestricted free agency...”

This is crazy. With the roster as untalented as he inherited and an aging, declining quarterback, to pretend that you have to win in the short- and long-term is STUPID. Now, I blame Mara for it, but that’s why everything they do is incoherent.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Rich said...

I mean what better way to get the most out of Eli (or a young quarterback going through growing pains) and Saquon than a dominant offensive line. That would also include a young top left tackle who can take over for Solder, who’s OK but expensive, fairly soon. But none of that is going to happen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home