A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Monday, March 24, 2014

Giants Receive A Compensatory 5th Rounder

The Giants today received only one compensatory pick for the coming draft.  It's a fifth rounder.  As you know, compensatory picks cannot be traded.   I put up the picture of David Diehl because he's the least really great 5th rounder that we've taken. Boss was good, too, till injuries.   Probably before the draft I'll try to take a look at our diminishing draft returns of late.  Some of it has been bad health luck, in some other cases it's just been bad picks.     I've probably gone one enough about the Clint Sintim Blunder.   So I'll pull up some other examples.  I think they common thread we'll find will be places where they forced picks instead of taking BPA which is their avowed model, Phil Dillard, I'm looking at you.  

Anyway, the Giants now have 7 picks, having given  their original 7th rounder for Beason last season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home