A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

No Mulligans: Torts is Toast


While I'm sorry whenever anyone loses a job, I think the Rangers have made the right move for this offseason and the future by dismissing John Tortorella today.   I wanted them to do it, but thought they might give him a mulligan for the truncated season.   Such was not the plan and now the Rangers are without a coach.   Sather is supposed to address the media at 2:15 EST.    We'll see what he says. 

I'd like to see a coach that trusts Hank to be great and pushes the offense to be both aggressive and creative.   I also want a coach who has a plan for integrating young players.  I hated the way Torts treated Chris Kreider and JT Miller this year, and as we all know there are more prospects where they came from.   I'd also like to see a coach who can roll 4 lines without overplaying any one or two of them, likewise, 6 defenseman.   

I'm sure we'll know more details later, but the extreme version of the offseason plan seems to be underway.  Let's go, Rangers!

2 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger Michael said...

Ruff or Vigneault?

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

Whichever has the best plan for the prospects and the roster.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home