A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Giants Stay Put for Pugh

The Giants just surprised me.  With both of their top OL targets off the board, they appear to have reached by taking OT/OG Justin Pugh out of Syracuse.   Now I really like Justin Pugh, but when they  measured him at the combine, his arms were very short for a tackle.   That said, he has great feet and was able to compensate for his short arms in college.   But will he be able to in the pro's where he might now have to play guard.  Anyway, because of his short arms I saw him as a really good second round pick, but not a first rounder.  Yet, the Giants took him at 19, ahead of Tyler Eifert among others.  So I'm in a weird position.  I love the player, but can't justify  where we picked him and don't know how hard the Giants tried to trade down.  The Cowboys were able to do that one pick ahead of them.   So that's my instant reaction.   I hope we get great value with our two picks tomorrow.  I'll be interested to see what the Giants have to say about this one.

5 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Definitely not BPA. it fills a need. I'm not totally against it

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

It might turn out he was BPA. I loved him before I knew of his short arms.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Reese was on MSG earlier and he said the short arms were not an issue. He thinks he will compete for a staters job right away...

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

I think he will, too.

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Michael said...

The more I think about it the more the pick grows on me. I absolutely think he is a Giant type player. I am trying not to get caught up in the value thing. We now have our T's of the future to protect Eli. We need youth on the O-line and now we have it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home