A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Friday, April 27, 2012

Giants Snag Randle!

The Giants hit another homer and Eli Manning must be doing cartwheels somewhere as they replace Mario Manningham with Rueben Randle! Randle was one of my first round WR receiver preferences. I had absolutely no thought that he would still be on the board. I thought Jeffery might, and Sano very well could be, but Randle? Wow. He has good size and great feet plus nice speed. He'll be able to run the full route tree, but needs to become a bit more consistent with his hands. Cruz had that issue, too at times. It's concentration, not hands or ability. Great get! Go Giants!

5 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Love this pick!

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

Yup, it's a home run. Sanu would have been a great fit, too.

 
At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm an SEC football guy, and Randle is an excellent player. Very underutilized at LSU because they didn't have a QB who could get him the ball consistently. Excellent, excellent pick. -MikeK

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Michael said...

no doubt about it. I get the feeling that they thought he could step in right away. I think he has more football smarts then Mario and was a steal. plus the fact we added Bennett for TE which I think will pay dividends our O just got more explosive!!! I'd like us to draft an OL at some point maybe this round?

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger John in Lakeland Fl. said...

I have watched the GMen since the '60's and I cannot believe the weapons that we have. This Randle kid may take a year or so to really get on the same page with Eli, but he will have an impact this year. Let's not forget we also have Jernigan, and we haven't seen his best stuff yet...he can fly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home