A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Torts Gets a New Deal

John Tortorella apparently received a 3 year contract extension some time during the season. The news of it is just coming out now. The question is, is he the right man to finish the rebuild? I think he is. I was initially concerned that he didn't seem to know anything about the far system during his first summer with the Rangers, and that he had no interest in attending the draft, but this year I felt he really showed a willingness to work in the kids, and it's been learned that he is interested in some of the kids down on the farm. Gruff as he is, he does seem to have the respect of the kids, and that's what really counts. Onward and upward!

5 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger Michael said...

I agree Torts is not the problem, it's the lack of offensive talent. Torts reminds me of TC in many aspects, and we know that yielded us one ring with the potential for more.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Michael said...

interesting comments from Torts at getaway day perhaps giving us an idea some of the baggage will be gone?

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

it really seems like he's understanding it as we do. Kids, core, patience. Love it.

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Michael said...

With Messier seemingly having more influence I see this as the norm going forward. I fully expect him to be our next GM. I love it also. it sure seems like Prospal is gone w Avery/Drury not far behind. I loved Tortorella's brutal honesty. Our future is extremely bright

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

Yup, I believe we'll be elite within two seasons.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home