A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Gettting Closer!

Official statement from Alex Rodriguez
11/14/2007 3:27 PM ET
After spending time with Cynthia and my family over these last few weeks, it became clear to me that I needed to make an attempt to engage the Yankees regarding my future with the organization.
Prior to entering into serious negotiations with other clubs, I wanted the opportunity to share my thoughts directly with Yankees’ ownership. We know there are other opportunities for us, but Cynthia and I have a foundation with the club that has brought us comfort, stability and happiness.
As a result, I reached out to the Yankees through mutual friends and conveyed that message. I also understand that I had to respond to certain Yankees concerns, and I was receptive and understanding of that situation.
Cynthia and I have since spoken directly with the Steinbrenner family. During these healthy discussions, both sides were able to share honest feelings and hopes with one another, and we expect to continue this dialogue with the Yankees over the next few days.

Go Yanks!

13 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow the guy does have a heart thats a shocker

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

Yup! And now we don't have to trade anything to find a replacement.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Michael said...

John Sterling just said on WFAN that it's a done deal he is back.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

Yeah, was that his second visit or a replay of his first?

It's getting done, but it's not done yet.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Michael said...

I apologize it was the replay I just walked in the door. I am very excited.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Rosenthal is saying that we have discussed 1b with Lowell.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

Why would we want to do that? that's just to bid up the Sox.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Phil you hear anything on this supposed rumor of a 3 way deal with us D-Rays and Brewers?

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

The other day there was a rumor that we would get Ben Sheets or Chris Capuano as part of it, but I don't know what we were contributing.

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't believe this.

Just as long as he takes a discount so we recoup the money lost from TX.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Very interesting indeed. I like Sheets, but I am very curious as to what we would give up.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

Sheets is injured a lot. We'll see what happens. Obviously, with ARod back in the fold, the attention will turn toward pitching, oportunities and bargainst that might come their way.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Abraham sayin ARod is just about a done deal.

Sheets is injured alot, but if he can stay on the field I like his upside.

I do suspect we will be busy in the trade market.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home