A Month of Fundays

A New York Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers and other stuff blog.


AdLeaf Free Advertising
Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Monday, November 27, 2006

My Greatest 100 (or so) Albums...


Born to Run (Columbia, 1975). Now Phil Spector's influence on this has always been easily recognized and oft proclaimed. But, there is also a hell of a lot of Pet Sounds in here. The albums structure is pretty openly influenced by the Beach Boys, even if fewer chords come into play. But beyond attributable influences, this is just a great rock record from a time when we really needed them. We'll see more of Bruce on this list'o'mine, but we might as well start here. "Thunder Road," "Born To Run," "Backstreets," "Jungleland." Keep playin', Bruce! I've seen you 30 times, but not for some time.

2 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Bruce at The Bottom Line when the album came out. It was one of the most memorable superficial experiences of my life.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Kalel9 said...

I was there! I was kid and we went with a neighbor!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home